Etisalat Device Care Plan (“Plan”) for Apple Devices
Terms & Conditions
- The Plan
This Device Care Plan is brought to you by SERVIFY MIDDLE EAST FZE and governs the support process for accidental physical and fluid damages, and covered inherent mechanical and electrical breakdown/ defects to the extent provided by the manufacturer’s warranty for Electrical / Electronic / Mechanical Products for iPhones (“Device”) offered to enterprise customer by Etisalat in United Arab Emirates (UAE) in its original packaging. This Plan is not valid for any products that are either refurbished or purchased by a customer post a return from the first customer.
- Plan Term
- The accidental and liquid damage benefits under this Plan begins when Etisalat hands over the device to enterprise and ends on completion of 2 years from Plan start date (Plan Term). The benefits under extended warranty coverage begins from the next day after the expiry of the Manufacturer’s Warranty for the Registered Device and ends on completion of 365 days from the Plan start date (“Plan Term”)
- For the plan where payment is done on a monthly basis (“Monthly Pay Plan”) the coverage continues, unless you fail to make monthly payment towards the plan (”Plan Term”).
- “Monthly Pay Plan” can be stopped at any time. However, in such case, balance coverage, if any, will cease to exist.
- The terms of the Plan apply the same whether it is a Single-Pay Plan or a Monthly Pay Plan
- Plan Eligibility
- This Plan can be purchased only along with the purchase of the Registered Device, and subject to the Registered Device being in its perfect working condition.
- The accidental damage protection & extended warranty coverage provided by the Plan is additional to the coverage provided by the manufacturer’s warranty
- Plan Details
- “Registered” Device
The Device that was successfully registered under the Plan is termed as “Registered Device”.
The purchaser of the Registered Device, in this case is a company, i.e. Etisalat enterprise customer. Customer shall mean any representative/employee of the company authorized to use the Registered Device
- Benefits Value
- Accidental & Liquid Damage
Maximum Benefits Value per year is equivalent to the invoice value of the Registered Device at the time of submitting a Damage Repair Request, less total sum of damage repair value from last Damage Repair Requests (if any) raised during the year. Damage Repair Request limit is two (2) repair instance of your Registered Device, subject to the maximum eligible Benefits Value at the time of submitting a Damage Repair Request.
- Extended Warranty
Maximum Benefits Value per year is equivalent to the original invoice value of the Registered Device at the time of submitting a Damage Repair Request, less total sum of damage repair value from last Damage Repair Requests (if any). Damage Repair Request limit is unlimited repairs (up-to the invoice value).
If the repair charges are more than the Benefits Value, the Customer will have the option to bear the differential price for obtaining the repair as determined by the Apple Authorised Service Centre (“ASC”). No mandatory admin fee will be charged from the customer during a Damage Repair Request availed under the Plan as a premium benefit to the enterprise customer.
- Beyond Economic Repairs (BER)
If the repair cost of the Registered Device is more than the Benefits Value, then the repair request will be determined as Beyond Economic Repairs (BER). In case of BER, the Customer will have the option to bear the differential value for obtaining the repair as determined by the ASC or, opt for refund of the Benefits Value. In case the customer opts for refund, the Applicable eligible amount will be returned to you as settlement subject to you returning the original Registered Device along with its original accessories to Servify. The total of all benefits paid or payable under this plan while it is in force (per year) shall not exceed the original purchase price paid by the Customer for the Registered Device under this Plan
- Scope of Service under the Plan
Provided the Registered Device is handed over to Servify or its authorized channels in its entirety during the Damage Repair Request Process & that you have submitted the documents as desired under the Plan, the following conditions would be covered under the Plan.
- Suffers accidental physical damage and/or such damage that impairs the normal usage of the Registered Device
- Fails to work because accidentally fluid has entered its internal circuitry, touch panel, sub board or battery, resulting into stoppage of the Registered Device.
- Any mechanical or, electrical breakdown/defects to the registered device to the extent provided by the Manufacturer’s Warranty including the cost of parts and labor for the products manufactured in UAE or is legally imported in UAE & sold by the manufacturer through its official sales channels in United Arab Emirates (UAE) and supported by an invoice & Manufacturer’s Warranty/Guarantee.
The Plan does not cover:
- Any loss under mysterious circumstances including lost or stolen
- Loss due to Intentional act or wilful neglect
- Loss arising before or after the Plan Term
- Costs implicitly or explicitly covered by any manufacturers, suppliers or repairers guarantee or warranty
- Accessories used in or with the Registered Device unless covered under a separable warranty policy
- Any loss or damage due to hire or loan of the Registered Device to a third party or if ownership is transferred
- Loss arising due to unlawful act including Terrorist activity, War, Nuclear Explosion, Radioactive Contamination, Chemical, Biochemical, Biological, Electromagnetic, Cyber Attack
- Consequential loss of any kind or description including wear & tear, manufacturing defects
- Loss or damage caused by incorrect storage, poor care and maintenance, careless use, gross negligence, incorrect installation and incorrect set-up
- Loss or damage covered by supplier, dealer or manufacturer’s limited warranty
- Any loss affecting to SIM card and any ancillary products even if Registered Device results into complete stoppage of working
- Damages to the device due to terrorist attack, war, fire, lightning, earthquake, floods or an act of God
- Damage caused by (a) a product/accessory that is not the Registered Device, (b) operating the Registered Device outside the permitted or intended uses described by Manufacturer or (c) service (including upgrades and expansions) performed by anyone who is not an Apple Authorized Service Centre (ASC), or any failure/damage caused outside the territory of UAE
- Registered Device with a serial number that has been altered, defaced or removed, or has been modified to alter its functionality or capability without the written permission of Manufacturer, its subsidiary or any party acting on its behalf.
- Non-operating and cosmetic defect to the Registered Device such as defect to paintwork, product finish, dents or scratches
- Issues that could be resolved by upgrading software to the then current version
- Third-party products or their effects on or interactions with the Registered Device or the software
- Your use of a computer or operating system that is unrelated to consumer software or connectivity issues with the Registered Device
- Damage to, or loss of any software or data residing or recorded on the Registered Device
- Recovery and reinstallation of software programs and user data are not covered under this Plan
- Any loss or damage to accessories and panels even if forming part of the standard pack or to any complimentary or ancillary product/s made available under any promotional scheme
- Normal wear and tear of items not integral to the functioning of the Registered Device
- Replacement of any consumable item or accessory
- Coverage will not under any circumstances, extend to any loss or injury to a person or loss or defect to property or any incidental, contingent, special or any direct or indirect loss and consequential defects including but not limiting to losses incurred due to any delay in rendering service related to this plan and loss of use during the period that the Product is at an authorized service centre and/or while awaiting parts
- Defect resulting from power outage, power surges or dips, fluctuating voltage, inadequate or improper voltage or current
- Breakdowns caused by computer virus or realignments to Registered Device
- The Plan is valid only in the UAE and if the repair request is made in the UAE.
- The Registered Device is not used in accordance with the manufacturer’s guidelines for Registered Device usage including but not limited to regular maintenance and up keep of the Registered Device
- Accidental & Liquid Damage
- “Registered” Device
- Special Exclusions
Servify and Etisalat shall not be liable in respect of loss or damage to Registered Device relating to or caused due to the following:
- Loss or damage due to any experiments or tests and/or alterations resulting to any abnormal conditions of the Registered Device
- Loss or damage due to mechanical or electrical break down or derangement, unless such loss is accidental damage, and which is not covered within the manufacturer’s warranty
- Penalties for delay or detention or in connection with guarantees of performance or efficiency
- Loss due to the Registered Device which gradually develops flaws, defects, cracks or partial fractures in any part not necessitating immediate stoppage, although at some future time repair or renewal of the parts affected may be necessary
- Loss due to deterioration or wearing away or wearing out of any part of the Registered Device that is caused due to or naturally resulting from its normal use or exposure
- Servify and Etisalat shall not be liable for a damage repair request if:
- the user is found to be involved in any way in fraudulent or illegal activity of any kind whatsoever related to this Plan or Registered Device and/or
- Due to the inability of the Customer to submit either of the Damage Repair Request processing information or supporting documents required for processing the request
- The Plan shall also not cover a loss if the applicable Damage Repair Request amount has exhausted the Covered Value of the Registered Device In any action, suit or other proceeding where the Risk Underwriter alleges that by reason of the provisions of the exceptions or exclusions above, any loss, destruction, damage or liability is not covered by this Plan, the burden of proving that such loss, destruction, damage or liability is covered shall be upon the Customer
- Damage Repair Request Process
In the event of damage to the Registered Device, you (Customer) are required to:
- Immediately (Not later than 72 Hours from the time of the damage) inform Servify through the Claims Web Portal https://etisalat-uae.servify.tech
- Submit all claim related information/ documents as mentioned in the Claims Web Portal within seven (7) calendar days of raising the claim or within the timelines as mentioned in the Claims Web Portal or communicated to You by Servify
- Please note, you will not handover the Registered Device for repairs at any service centre, including at any Apple Authorised Service Centre (ASC) until confirmed by Servify. It is expressly stated that Servify will not be held responsible for fulfilling any such requests where the Registered Device is handed over to a service centre by you before the Approval from Servify; any liabilities arising out of such Damage Repair Request before the in-principle Approval of the requests from Servify will be solely handled by You (Customer) at Your (Customer’s) own expense
- Damage Repair Request Fulfilment Process
- The Customer is requested to book an appointment with the nearest Apple Authorized Service Centre as indicated in the Claims Web Portal or as otherwise instructed by Servify once the Approval is provided. You are required to wait until Servify confirms in writing via an email or on a voice call on your registered number or provides an update on its Claims Web Portal about the status of the Repair Request and the next steps expected. Service will be performed at the said Authorized Service Centres after verification of the entitlement and validity of the Plan. Once the service is complete, you will promptly be notified via the Claims Web Portal to collect the repaired Device from the Service Centre.
- Servify reserves the right to change the method by which they may provide repair service to you, and your Registered Device’s eligibility to receive a method of service under this Plan. Service options, parts availability and response times may vary according to the city you live in
- Issue, if any, found post receiving the repaired/replaced handset, should be reported within 42 hrs. of the delivery to by Servify
- Depreciation Matrix
There is no depreciation applicable under this Plan.
- Your Responsibilities
To receive service or support under the Plan, you agree to comply with the following:
- Provide a copy of your Registered Device’s original proof of purchase at the time of raising a Damage Repair Request, if requested
- Provide information about the reasons and causes of the damage to the Registered Device.
- Provide identity proof if requested to verify Customer of the Plan at the time of raising a Damage Repair Request, if requested.
- Respond to requests for information, including but not limited to the Registered Device serial number, model, version of the operating system and software installed, any peripherals devices connected or installed on the Registered Device, any error messages displayed, actions taken before the Registered Device experienced the damage and steps taken to avoid the damage
- Follow instructions Servify gives you, including but not limited to refraining from sending Registered Device that is not subject to damage protection as per the Plan and packing the Registered Device in accordance with shipping instructions as per the Plan
- Make sure to backup software and data residing on the Registered Device. DURING THE FULFILLMENT OF DAMAGE PROTECTION SERVICE, SERVIFY OR THE ASC MAY DELETE THE CONTENTS OF THE REGISTERED DEVICE AND REFORMAT THE STORAGE MEDIA IF NECESSARY. Servify, or ASC may return your Registered Device after the service event subject to Applicable updates. Servify or the ASC may install latest software updates as part of hardware service that will prevent the Registered Device from reverting to an earlier version of the Operating System. Third party Applications installed on the Registered Device may not be compatible or work with the Registered Device because of the Operating System update. You will be responsible for reinstalling all other software programs, data and passwords
- Cancellation And Refund
There is no cancellation or refund allowed under this Plan.
- Limitation Of Liability
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, , SERVIFY AND ITS EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS WILL UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY SUBSEQUENT OWNER FOR ANY INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO COSTS OF RECOVERING, REPROGRAMMING, OR REPRODUCING ANY PROGRAM OR DATA OR THE FAILURE TO MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF DATA, ANY LOSS OF BUSINESS, PROFITS, REVENUE OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, RESULTING FROM SERVIFY’S OBLIGATIONS UNDER THIS PLAN. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE LIMIT OFSERVIFY AND ITS EMPLOYEES AND AGENT’S LIABILITY TO YOU AND ANY SUBSEQUENT OWNER ARISING UNDER THE PLAN SHALL NOT EXCEED THE DEPRECIATED VALUE OF THE REGISTERED DEVICE. SERVIFY SPECIFICALLY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT (i) IT WILL BE ABLE TO REPAIR OR REPLACE REGSITERED DEVICE WITHOUT RISK TO OR LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR DATA, (ii) IT WILL MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF DATA, OR (iii) THAT THE OPERATION OF THE PRODUCT WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. NOTHING IN THIS AGREEMENT SHALL EXCLUDE OR LIMIT SERVIFY’S LIABILITY FOR (I) DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY ITS NEGLIGENCE, OR (II) FRAUD. TO THE EXTENT THAT LIABILITY UNDER SUCH LAWS AND REGULATIONS MAY BE LIMITED, SERVIFY’S LIABILITY IS LIMITED, AT ITS SOLE OPTION, TO REPLACE OR REPAIR OF THE REGISTERED DEVICE OR SUPPLY OF THE SERVICE
- Transfer Of Plan
- The transfer of ownership of the Plan for the Registered Device from the Device to another party will render the Plan & its benefits null and void
- If the Registered Device is replaced under Manufacturer’s Warranty during the Plan Term, then the replacement Device will be termed as Registered Device, with the applicable Plan benefits for the remaining period of the Plan Term.
- General Terms
- Servify may subcontract or assign performance of its obligations to third parties but shall not be relieved of its obligations to you in doing so
- Servify is not responsible for any failures or delays in performing under the Plan that are due to events outside its reasonable control
- This Plan is offered and valid only if the Device is purchased in UAE and You are making a Repair Request for a Damage in UAE
- This Plan is not offered to persons who have not reached the age of 18. This Plan may not be available in all states, and is not available where prohibited by law
- In carrying out its obligations Servify may, at their discretion and solely for the purposes of monitoring the quality of their response, record part or all the calls between you and them
- Servify have security measures, which should protect your data against unauthorized access or disclosure as well as unlawful destruction. You will be responsible for the instructions you give to Servify regarding the processing of data, and Servify will seek to comply with those instructions as reasonably necessary for the performance of the service and support obligations under the Plan. If you do not agree with the above or if you have questions regarding how your data may be impacted by being processed in this way, contact or Service at the support mediums provided such as email@example.com or the call centre numbers mentioned below
- You agree that any information or data disclosed to Servify under this Plan is not confidential or proprietary to you. Furthermore, you agree that Servify may collect and process data on your behalf when it provides service., details of which are available on its website
- The terms of the Plan, including the original sales receipt of the Registered Device and the Plan Confirmation, prevail over any conflicting, additional, or other terms of any purchase order or other document, and constitute your and Servify’s entire understanding with respect to the Plan
- Servify is not obligated to renew this Plan. If either Servify does offer a renewal, they will determine the price and terms
- Servify reserves the right, at its discretion, to change or modify, the terms of this Plan
- There is no informal dispute settlement process available under this Plan
- In the event any section or portion of a section of these terms and conditions are deemed invalid, void or unenforceable, that section or portion of a section shall be severed from these terms and conditions, and the remaining terms and conditions shall continue in full force and effect
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed under the laws of UAE
- These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer
- Support Contact Details
- Servify Customer Service Number: 8000180598 (Toll Free), Sunday to Thursday, 9am to 6pm. Servify Customer Service Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org